Working with a recruiter is one of the best ways to fast-forward your career. It’s a one-on-one relationship with a career professional. You may have an accountant, a lawyer and a doctor to handle particular areas of your life – why not have a career counselor?
Here are ten tips that will help you get the most out working with us.
- Be Professional. How you work with us is a direct correlation of how you will work with your boss, colleagues, and vendors. It is a window into who you really are. We will always measure this as part of your qualifications and convey our impressions to the prospective hiring company.
- Be Honest. Be up-front about the extent of your job searching efforts and results. We have a vested interest in placing you in a career that could potentially change your life. You will gain nothing from being dishonest with us.
- Be Forthright. Tell us all of your requirements and preferences, for example, in regard to salary or relocation. When an interview is completed, we expect your feedback – good, bad, or indifferent! This is the only way we can facilitate the process. We must talk with you before we get back in touch with the hiring manager. We will want to know what was discussed, how did the manager leave the interview with you, are you interested in the position and do you want to proceed to the next step. If you are not interested in proceeding, we’ll want to know your reasons. We can let the hiring manager know without a bridge being burnt. This will also help us know more about you and what you truly want in your career.
- Be Committed. Don’t be casual with what you agree to or commit to. Your attention to commitment will not go unnoticed. Know what you want, say what you mean, and do what you say.
- Be Pro-Active. You don’t even have to be looking for a job right now but it is good for us to have your resume on file. You never know when we might have that ideal job opportunity that might be better than the job you currently have.
- Be Inquisitive. You will likely have questions about the position and you should! You will also likely want to know about benefits and relocation (if warranted), etc. Ask! We want to make sure all these questions are answered before the interview.
- Be Prepared. Prepare for the interview by reading materials that we have sent you and by doing research on the company. Be prepared with your questions that you want to ask in the interview. We will assist you to help you prepare for the interview so that you put your best foot forward!
- Be Cooperative. Don’t play games! Regardless of any past experiences you have had with recruiters, take us seriously. We do you!
- Be Patient. A job search can be long and frustrating – we know! By communicating often we can keep you up to date on the most recent communication with our client. We’ve got your best interest in mind.
- Be Enthusiastic. Who doesn’t like enthusiasm? It is contagious!